18) I am an international student, how do I get entry into an American film school?

Admission requirements for US and International Students are typically the same – the only difference is that International students need to get a Visa. 

In order to obtain a student visa you will need to be issued an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility from the school you have been accepted to and intend on attending. You will need this document for a Visa interview at the US Embassy in your home country, where they will decide whether to issue you an F-1 Visa.

The minimum requirement for most film school programs in the United States is a high school/secondary school degree and conversational English.

Search over 900 Film Schools in our Film School Database     Search by location or features.

(c) 2009